![]() |
| Shaklee's Get Clean ® line of safe, green, and economical cleaning products |
After all is said and done, there is always some clean-up to do. Did you know that the products you use to clean for and around baby need to be seriously taken into consideration? Although it may seem trivial, toxic cleaning products can cause everything from asthma to skin irritations to hyperactivity.
So, while you're worrying about what you put on and in your baby, what he is breathing can actually be wreaking more havoc on his little developing system.
When it comes to baby's overall health, you need to think about what you use to wash his clothes (since it comes into direct contact with his skin and any residue gets absorbed by the skin), what you wash his bottles and toys with, as well as what you wash the floors with (baby and toddler spends a great amount of time there before he learns to walk).
Today, I'm sharing my favorite cleaning products that are also extremely safe for baby.
Just so you know, I'm a Shaklee distributor because I am completely in love with the Get Clean® line of cleaning products. Everything I share here is based on my personal experience, and is backed-up by Shaklee's 100% guarantee. All links lead to my Shaklee shop.
Baby's Laundry
Never mind "gentle" detergents. You need to be looking for more than a detergent that is hypoallergenic. You need to keep these points in mind when shopping for baby's laundry detergent (as well as yours):
- non-toxic (duh)
- natural
- fragrance-free
- phosphate-free
- chlorine-free
![]() |
| Shaklee's laundry products are safe enough to use on baby's items - effective enough to clean the entire family's clothes. |
Shaklee's Fresh Laundry Concentrate is all of these and more. You'll want to finish up the load with Shaklee's Soft Fabric Concentrate. What's great about these products is that they're gentle enough for baby's clothes, but effective enough for the rest of the family. You don't have to do a separate load for baby, unless you want to.
These laundry products are safe enough for cloth diapering. In fact, if you really want to get to the stains, I highly recommend Shaklee's Nature Bright. It's a powerful laundry booster and stain remover and is safe and effective for cloth diapers (unlike most bleach-containing stain removers).
![]() |
| Shaklee's Nature Bright is a laundry booster and stain remover in one. Safe for removing stains from baby's clothing (like bibs, pjs, onesies). Also effective and safe for cloth diapers. |
Washing Baby's Feeding Gear
After a healthy, homemade, organic meal, the last thing you want to do is spoil the goodness with a dish soap that leaves toxic residue. Always look for these in a dish soap:
- non-toxic
- natural
- phosphate-free
- hypoallergenic
![]() |
| Shaklee's Hand Dish Wash Concentrate leaves no toxic residue on baby's dishes and bottles |
You can find this in Shaklee's Hand Dish Wash Liquid Concentrate.
Making the rest of the house clean enough and safe enough for baby:
Important features of a non-toxic cleaning product:
- natural
- fragrance-free (no harmful fumes)
- Kerosene
- Phenol
- Cresol
- Lye
- Hydrochloric acid
- Sulfuric acid
- Sulfamic acid
- Petroleum distillates
- Ammonia
- Sodium hydroxide
- Butyl cellosolve
- Phosphoric acid
- Formaldehyde
- Chlorine bleach
- Morpholine
![]() |
| Shaklee's Basic H² Organic Super Concentrate makes these 3 non-toxic cleaners |
The only product you will need to keep the entire house clean and non-toxic is Shaklee's Basic H² Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate. With this product, you can make an all-purpose cleaner, a window/ glass cleaner and a degreaser. You can use it for appliances, floors, and anywhere else in your home that you can use water. I cannot say enough about it.
Resources for you:
Shaklee's Fresh Laundry Concentrate - link to shop
Shaklee's Soft Fabric Concentrate - link to shop
Shaklee's Nature Bright - link to shop
Shaklee's Hand Dish Wash Liquid Concentrate - link to shop
Shaklee's Basic H² Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate - link to shop
Green Goes with Everything - book link to my Amazon shop
Related articles on this blog:
Fragrances in Cleaning Products
Get Clean® Products - link to all of the posts on this blog relating to the Get Clean® line





I just love that you have put together this Green Baby series Gabriella. I think it would be one of THE very best things a parent can also do is use natural cleaning products.
ReplyDeleteSeveral years ago I remember when I wanted to start trying natural cleaning products, I wasn't sure I could get used to not having a strong 'what I felt was a clean scent' when I would clean. It took a little while to adapt. And now if I walk in somewhere that someone has just finished cleaning their home with toxic cleaners I can barely enter their space. It truly bothers me that much. I will NEVER go back to using toxic cleaners. I can barely walk near the cleaners isle in a grocery store. If only we can stop and imagine for a few seconds what that does to especially our little ones lungs and health we might choose differently.
I vote for NATURAL ALL THE WAY!! It's a win-win for everyone and for our environment.
Thank you for pouring your heart and soul into this series to help so many others.
Suzanne xo
You are absolutely right, Suzanne. If there is one thing parents should do today to make things a little safer and greener for their children, it's to change what they clean with to a non-toxic line of products.
DeleteThanks for you comment and for your encouragement!