4 September 2012

Healing Insect Bites Naturally


Art provided by Matt D at CollageOrama
As if my week last week wasn't crazy enough, I also got stung by a wasp.  Besides the initial "OUCH" and some nasty words muttered under my breath, I calmed right down because I knew that I'd be able to handle this.  This was actually the second time in my life that I got this kind of sting, so I knew I wouldn't have wild reaction warranting a hospital visit.

Into the house I went and immediately reached for my apple cider vinegar to stop the incredible stinging.  It worked on the spot.  Ah. 

Then, I watched my finger swell and reached for my homeopathic remedy that I keep on stand-by for this such reason (mostly for my son's sake).  The remedy?  Apis Mellifica.

Within an hour, the swelling was down and the whole insect bite thing was a non-issue.

The ultimate test with this remedy was with my son, just yesterday.  He got this huge swelling on his forehead that, if it weren't for the red bump within it, I would have thought it was an injury.  I don't quite know what stung him, but I gave him 3 rounds of Apis Mellifica last night, and this morning - swelling is gone, only a little red mark remains. 

There is a dosage recommendation on the homeopathic packaging, but to know in detail how to properly administer it, just consult with a naturopath (the one hired by the store counts, too!)

I needed to share these happy experiences with all of you, of course!  For more tips and tricks on soothing insect bites naturally, see the summer nights post in the resources below. 

Resources for you:

Apis Mellifica (all about the uses of this homeopathic remedy)

Relates articles on this blog:

Oh, Those Summer Nights (Swat!) (read the details here on how to prevent and soothe insect bites naturally)
Forget the Drugs: Seasonal Allergies Tackled with Homeopathy  (detailed explanation of what homeopathy is)




4 comments:

  1. I say yes to homeopathic remedies to help heal. Love it (well not your stings) but your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I am completely hooked on homeopathics after seeing things disappear with my own eyes!

      Delete
  2. Homeopathic remedies have been used in our home since the birth of my baby boys... these little guys keep teaching me so much...thanks Gab!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We know that homeopathics are successful when they work with children, right? It puts the placebo effect to rest. Thanks for getting on here, Maria! Good to hear about your personal experiences.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.