19 September 2012

5 Books for Your Journey to Health & Healing

 
I tend to carry around a mental library of where to find the best and most valuable resources on the planet. Today, I want to share 5 books for bringing you healing and good health. 
 

     
    Green Goes With Everything by Sloan Barnett

    I love this book because it walks you through all of the different parts of your home and shares possible dangers lurking in the products, furniture, and even the air in that space.  It also gives a slew of healthier suggestions that you can actually put to use.






     

    Prescription for Nutritional Healing, 4th Edition: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements by Phyllis A. Balch

    This books gets you away from conventional remedies and helps you find nutritional support for your body's ailments.







    Spontaneous Healing by Dr. Andrew Weil

    This was one of the first books that got me started at looking at healing naturally.  I  just love how Dr. Weil shares his personal experiences and then provides an 8 week program to get you started.








      
    Herbs for Natural Beauty by Rosemary Gladstar

    A very simple but beautiful recipe book for making your own skin, bath and beauty products.







      

    Clear Your Clutter with Feng Shui by Karen Kingston

    Good heath and healing goes hand in hand with ridding of your material things that actually hold on to negative energies.  This books gives you concrete exercises help you purge and restore the healing energies your home needs to help you thrive.








    Note: Each of the links are affiliate links to my Amazon shop.  These recommendations are made based on my personal experience with each book.  I would not mention them if I did not love them!



    4 comments:

    1. Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach changed my life and inspired me. It truly moves you one day at a time.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Yes! Great addition to the list, Nadia! Thanks for sharing that. I never read it, but I have gifted this book in the past. Adding it to my reading list right now.

      ReplyDelete
    3. The book Clear your Clutter with Feng Shui... I read probably it 5-8 years ago, it took me a day to read and then did a major de-cluttering at home. I remember filling my SUV full of stuff brought it all to a place that would help others who could use it. I remember the feeling of lightness it brought for me and my family. I have to take that book out again and re-read it and then do another de-cluttering. I can't remember what else was in the book, but I remember how great of a little book it was. Thanks for these great ideas Gabriella. :)

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yes. I still have this book on my nightstand because it's a peaceful reminder to let go of our material things and focus on what really matters most.

        Delete

    Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.