18 June 2012

Out, Damned Spot!

 Photograph posted with permission by Lauren Garner at FlashFoward Photography


I honestly do think of Shakespeare each time I tackle a nasty stain.

However, getting spots and stains out has never been easier for me. 

Last week, you saw how I used Shaklee's Nature Bright Laundry Brightener and Stain Remover to remove stains from my kitchen sink.

This week, I'm going to show you how to use this product for removing stains on clothing.  It can also be used as a general laundry brightener, but I will show you how to pre-treat a stain before it goes into the wash.  (On another occassion, I'll share how a load brightens with this product.)

Voilà.  Here is my son's blueberry purée stained t-shirt.  (Yes, blueberries are big in our home).

See stains on the upper left (shoulder) and on belly region

Close-up of stains on belly

Close-up of stain on shoulder

I never panic when it comes to stains - even if on white t-shirts because all I need to do is get the Nature Bright and a basin.  I do this part at my kitchen sink only because we don't have a sink in our laundry room yet.  (I know, it's been on our to-do list for 6 years).


Nature Bright, a basin, and the famous shirt

Shirt waiting to be treated.  It knows too well what's coming next!




Next, I prepared the solution of Nature Bright to water.  For our convenience, all of the measurements we need is found on the back of the pouch. 


Measurements indicated on back of pouch (I know it's blurry, so you'll have to take my word for it.)

The actual recipe for direct stain removing is one scoop of Nature Bright to 475 mL water.


Water waiting for the brightener

One scoop - no need to be too precise with the measurements.  I just eyeball it.

 I stirred until the powder dissolved.


Stirring... powder dissolving

And, here is where the magic started to happen.

I poured the mixture over the t-shirt and waited.


Pouring...

 I made little pockets with the t-shirt, so that the solution sits nicely on top of the stains. 

Waiting... 1 minute, 2 minutes...

... 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes...


Do you see the stains practically gone - by just sitting there, not doing anything?


It usually takes about 5 minutes of soaking in the solution before it's ready for the wash.  Depending on how nasty the stain is, it may require some scrubbing to loosen the stain.  But, it's not always necessary.

You'll notice that I didn't even need to use the entire solution.  There was still quite a bit left, but it didn't go to waste.  I simply poured it into the wash.


Remaining solution

So, into the wash it went, along with the other items sitting there waiting already.


T-shirt in the machine along with rest of the load

Pouring the remaining Nature Bright solution right into the wash

It washed and dried as per usual.

That's really it!

Here is the result:



No stain on the shoulder
No stain on the belly

A crisp, white t-shirt... ready for more stains...

What I love about Nature Bright is it's:
  • natural
  • biodegradable
  • contains no phosphates
  • bleach free

Resources for you:

Nature Bright Laundry Booster and Stain Remover (affiliate link in the shop)
Nature Bright Product Brief (info sheet about this product)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome product blueberry stains are incredibly difficult to remove. Thanks for sharing Gabriella.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I used to use this product when I used cloth diapers for a short period. So, you can really imagine how well it works on regular stains.

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.