7 November 2012

Living Simply: Some Book Suggestions




Are you familiar with Elaine St. James?

If you're not, I highly suggest you look into her series of books to help you simplify the many parts of your life.  They make great gifts on their own, or as a bundle.  I know I find plenty of comfort in the short chapters and simple tidbits. 

Sometimes, I just thumb through, land on any page, and read that one as a message from the universe.






Here are the three I own, have read and return to often for little reminders.  
 



Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul
by Elaine St. James

I started reading this series of books with this particular book.  I love the short tips for decluttering and getting in touch with our creative side.



Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More
by Elaine St. James

Who doesn't want to live simply?  The "scaling down" part is what caught my attention at first.  I love how this book takes away the guilt when you do nothing but play and relax.




Simplify Your Work Life: Ways to Change the Way You Work So You Have More Time to Live
by Elaine St. James

This book was my little support system when I decide to extend my maternity leave and then return only part-time.  If you're a work-a-holic, this book will help you scale down so that you really do have time for family and for yourself.


Elaine St. James has written several books, and there are a few more I'd like to add to my collection. These are books that I don't buy the digital version for because I like to have them laying around in different parts of my home as visual reminders to live simply.

What are your go-to books for living simply?


Resources for you:

Inner Simplicity: 100 Ways to Regain Peace and Nourish Your Soul (affiliate link to shop)
Living the Simple Life: A Guide to Scaling Down and Enjoying More (affiliate link to shop)
Simplify Your Work Life: Ways to Change the Way You Work So You Have More Time to Live (affiliate link to shop)
Simplify Your Life (not mentioned here, but a book I want to get next!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.