25 September 2012

How to Make a Natural Cleaner Your Own


If you've been following this blog for a while, you know that my absolute favorite cleaner on the planet is Shaklee's Basic H2.  It's a concentrate that allows me to make an all-purpose, a window/glass cleaner, and a degreaser formula.

I love this product even more than homemade natural cleaning products because it's much more economical that buying the separate ingredients.  It's also a time-saver - no need to stop in the middle of cleaning to make more cleaner.

If you're used to cleaning products that smell (but actually aren't safe), then you'll love this little tip.

From time to time, I make Shaklee Basic H2 products my own by adding an essential oil to the mix.  I also do this with my bucket for washing the floor. 

The best essential oils to use are those with antiseptic, antibacterial or disinfecting properties.  Here is a short list:
  • tea tree oil
  • lemon oil
  • sweet orange oil
  • lavender oil
  • eucalyptus oil

Below, I'm adding Sweet Orange Pure Essential Oil to the all-purpose formula.  Sweet orange is an antiseptic that leaves a natural orange scent behind while cleaning.

Add one or two drops to a 16oz bottle of Basic H2 All-purpose formula. 

Then, proceed to clean as usual.

Please note that Shaklee does not recommend adding anything to their cleaning products so as not to alter the cleaning formula.  This is purely my little tip (as well as a successful trick used by several distributors).  I wouldn't recommend keeping the bottle with the essential oil for too long (as in, not for weeks) because then I may see how the essential oils would mess with the formula.  I haven't ever had any issues - my house is as clean as ever, and also smells naturally inviting.


Resources for you:

Basic H2 Brochure - with the details about the pennies you save with this product (PDF)
Basic H2 Uses Sheet - this is the master list of all the ways you can use the concentrate (PDF)
Basic H2 Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate - in the shop
Get Clean Spray Bottles - in the shop
Related articles on this blog:

How One Cleaner Saves You Money - all about Basic H2
Aromatherapy and Essential Oils for Healing 



3 comments:

  1. Gabriella, I'm glad you wrote about your favourite product. Shaklee has been on my mind again lately, and I want to explore and order some of the products they offer. Shaklee's Basic H2 will be on my order no doubt. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love this product. I always say that once you go Shaklee, you will never look back. It's not just your home that will be thanking you, but your wallet, too. Big difference in price compared to any other natural cleaner on the market (even if making your own). I'm here for any questions you might have, Suzanne!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Gabriella. I will be looking at that next week. :)

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.