25 June 2012

When the Dust Settles

Photograph by Amy McRae at Beyoutifully (Canada Day Sale in Amy's shop until July 1st)


Dusting is not my favorite chore.  Maybe it's because there are so many darned surfaces to clean and all kinds of little nick-nacks to get out of the way first.  It could very well be because many of the surfaces in my home are dark, so I can turn around after dusting and find those bunnies forming in no time. 

Like every other household chore, however, Shaklee really makes it easy for me to tackle.  

So, when I've resolved to the idea that it just needs to get done, I reach for two products: the Basic H2 all-purpose formula, and a microfibre cloth.  Together, they not only get rid of dust, but they help repel it too (a neat little trick).  


Basic H2 All-purpose formula.  Your bottle may look different from mine as this is the previous design.

Microfibre cloth is super for picking up dust and trapping it.  It's also washable, so no waste! I own several cloths and have been continuously reusing them for the last 3 years and they are still in great condition.  (See how well it attracts? There's a piece of thread stuck to it already!)



For today's demo, I'm going to dust this dark wood night table in our bedroom.  This is always the dustiest room in our home.


See the dust? 

Here is another angle.


I could easily dry-dust and go, but I like to spray the cloth with the all-purpose cleaner just to moisten it and to give it a little extra attracting power.  The secret is that Basic H2 helps to repel dust throughout the week, so I don't need to be dusting each and every minute.

 And...

Tada!  Nice and shiny, huh?  That's the Basic H2's doing.


The other angle (dust-be-gone there too).


Basic H2 is safe on wood surfaces and always leaves it shining.  Makes for a great polish without the chemicals.

 
Resources for you:

Basic H2 Super Organic Concentrate (affiliate link to the shop)
Super Microfibre General Cleaning Cloth (affiliate link to the shop)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.